How to track your calorie expenditure

 Tracking your calorie intake and expenditure could be very confusing and frustrating if we do not understand the basics of it. To start off, in order to track our calorie intake and expenditure, we need to have a goal that we are trying to achieve. Whether our goal is adding muscle or losing weight, we need a proper plan to track our calorie intake and expenditure. The best way to track how many calories we eat and how many calories we burn is to use different technologies to measure each of them. When it comes to tracking how much we consume, having a food scale that gives us the nutritional facts label could be very useful. On the other hand, to measure our calorie expenditure, we can use devices such as the Apple Watch or Whoop Fitness Tracker. These devices will give us close to an accurate number of calories we have burned. These devices are not 100% accurate, however, they will give you an idea of how much you should be consuming and burning in a day. 

Calorie Intake Calculator - Inch Calculator

Comments

  1. Hi Shahir,
    I certainly understand that tracking your calorie intake and expenditure could be very confusing. And, it definitely could be bothersome if we do not understand the basics of it. I genuinely like the concept of using a food scale to track how much we consume. It seems very useful and effective. I also appreciate that the Apple Watch can calculate calorie expenditure. It's very beneficial that these could give an idea of how much individuals should be consuming and burning in a day. It's quite helpful to know. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracking your calories is a great way to work towards your fitness goals, whether you are trying to maintain, gain, or lose weight. Personally, I make use of an app on my phone to track my calories. The app that I use is called My Fitness Pal. This app is great for tracking calories because you can either type your calories directly in or search the food that you ate, and it will calculate the calories for you. You can also track your protein as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shahir,
    I agree 1000% that we need a goal to start out. It`s very important that we plan ahead that way we know what we want to achieve and how were gonna do it. I find that when I write down and commit to a goal, it`s a lot easier to stay on task with it. I also like how you mentioned Apple watches or other devices to keep track of our calories burned. This is a good way to measure progress. I`ve always said nutrition and physical activity go hand in hand. It`s important we set goals so that we can see our progress and stay committed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you mentioned in your post. It is definitely confusing to track your calorie intake and expenditure. I do not track my calories on a daily basis, but for certain classes I have had to do so and it can be a chore. It is always important to have a goal like you mentioned in order to see the desired results. Resources such as an Apple Watch or other fitness trackers can greatly help the process on tracking your calorie expenditure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shahir,
    Great choice of topic. Tracking your calories is something everyone should invest in doing. It's often people don't track their caloric intake because it's too confusing or complicated. With the examples that you listed, this shouldn't be so much of a problem. There's no doubt the advancement in technology can have positive impacts. (Carson D'Anthony)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shahir, this was a great breakdown on calories. I feel like some people do not know enough information on calories and that is why they have setbacks in their fitness journey. In my opinion, the more knowledgeable you are about calories, you can create a great plan for dieting. I like how you talked about the apps we can use, and while they are not always accurate, it helps with being consistent. Overall, this was a great job explaining calories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment